Effective Date: July 1st, 2022
EZ EV Energy USA Inc. (“EZ EV Energy,” “we,” or “us”) offers an electronic vehicle charging solution for home and business users with hardware and an online service for the control of charging functions of intelligent charging devices (the “Service”).
1 Personal Data We Collect
1.1. General Categories of Personal Data Collected We may collect information from visitors to our Website. Visitors may submit information to us using the Website, including name, email address, phone number, and message content. We may collect the following information on an aggregate basis when visitors visit our Website:
- Visitors’ Internet protocol addresses
- Locations of visitors
- Web browser users are using
- Operating systems used by visitors
- Key words or search terms used by visitors to find our Website
- How many visitors view the Website or specific pages on it
We maintain records of those interested in our company. We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information that we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information you provide in response to these communications to customize the Website according to your interests.
When customers register an account to become a user (“User”) or our Service via the website or the EZ EV Energy mobile application (“App”), we collect the following personal data elements to open an account:
- Postal address
- Email address
- Phone number
- Preferences as to electric vehicle charging, such as duration, power, and timing
When we collect payment information, we use a payment gateway service, which collects payment card data directly from Users. We do not have access to your payment card information.
1.2.2. Browsing and using the Service imply that the User accepts the installation of cookies in his/her equipment for the purposes herein. If the User decides not to accept the use of our cookies, the Service may be affected or certain features may not be operative, or even browsing may not be possible through this Service.
1.2.3 Types and purpose of the cookies used:
- Technical cookies: allow the User browsing through the Service and using its options or services, such as traffic control and data communications, session identification, access to restricted parts, remember the elements that make up an order, perform the purchase procedure, apply for registration or the attendance to an event, use security elements while browsing, store content for the broadcast of video or sounds, or share content.
- Customization cookies: allow the User to access the service with certain general features predefined according to certain criteria in the User equipment, as the language, type of browser used to access the Service, regional configuration from where the Service is accessed, etc.
- Analytical cookies: these are the cookies used by EZ EV Energy or property of third parties that allow the owner to monitor and analyze the behavior of the Users of the Website. The information provided by these cookies is used to measure the activity and to identify browsing patterns of the Users of the Website in order to enhance the Website and EZ EV Energy’s Service according to the analysis of the data on how Users make use of the Service.
- Advertising cookies: allow an efficient management of the advertising spaces that may be included on the Website, which includes browsing patterns that allow obtaining information on the behavior of the User.
These cookies allow tailoring the advertising content so that it is relevant for the User.
1.3. Do Not Track Settings Under California law, online service providers must say in their privacy policies how they respond to “do not track” settings that users can set in their browser software. Currently, there is no standard governing what, if anything, a website operator should do when receiving a “do not track” signal. Accordingly, EZ EV Energy does not currently take action in response to a “do not track” browser setting. EZ EV Energy will consider amendments to this policy accordingly if an industry standard regarding such settings emerges.
1.4. Children Account holders must be 18 years of age or older. Our Service and Website are not intended for or marketed to children.
- How We Use Collected Personal Data
2.1 We use personal data collected in accordance with Section 1 to provide the Website to visitors and to provide the Service to Users. All the personal data collected upon the registration of the User and/or during the use of the Service shall be included in a EZ EV Energy database. EZ EV Energy manages this database and uses it for the management and provision of the Service, as well as for sending marketing, promotional and/or advertising communications related to its products and/or services.
2.2. Likewise, the User may, at registration, expressly consent to EZ EV Energy collecting, using, and processing personal data to prepare customized user profiles, both in order to improve the efficiency and quality of the Service and to analyze and/or predict consumption and mobility habits and preferences. Such information shall be used to offer various kinds of products and/or services, either directly or by third parties, and EZ EV Energy is hereby authorized to disclose such data to them. Users are entitled to revoke such authorization at any time. If a User does not give his/her authorization for the processing of the personal data arising from the use of the Service for the purposes stated above, EZ EV Energy shall collect such Service usage data on an anonymous basis, so that using such data does not involve processing any personal data of the User.
2.3. EZ EV Energy may use your address and email address to provide you with information about or Service or products, as well as to send special offers or surveys to individuals in our records.
- Sharing or Disclosure of Personal Data
3.1 EZ EV Energy may entrust third parties certain tasks required for the provision of the Service that involve processing of personal data. These third parties will act as data processors in behalf of EZ EV Energy, and as such, they will be authorized to the access and use of such data solely to the extent required for the performance of the relevant task. In particular, some of the tasks that can be entrusted to third parties are:
- a) voice commands, for EZ EV Energy hardware devices that can include such features;
- b) cloud data storage by cloud services providers;
- c) distribution, installation, and maintenance of the devices in order to offer preventive management services of them.
From time to time, we may be required to respond to a subpoena, court order, search warrant, administrative or judicial process, requests by law enforcement agencies, or other requests that we must respond to under applicable law. We may disclose your personal data in response to any of these requirements.
Also, we may disclose your personal data to preserve the security of our systems, resolve disputes, or to assess any possible wrongdoing.
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information collected about Website or App usage, as long as the information does not identify any specific individuals.
Except as noted above, we will not sell, distribute, transfer, or lease your personal data to third parties.
- Security EZ EV Energy has implemented and will maintain reasonable and appropriate administrative, physical, and technical security safeguards to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the personal data we collect and to protect it (i) against reasonably anticipated threats and hazards to the confidentiality, integrity, or availability of such personal data and (ii) against unauthorized, unlawful, or accidental loss, access, use, disclosure, or dissemination of such personal data.
- Accessing and Exercising Choices Concerning Personal Data If you wish to access personal data we maintain about you (to obtain a copy of such personal data) and/or to access, rectify (correct errors or update data), have EZ EV Energy erase your personal data, or object to further use or disclosure, please send an email with your request to the address info@EZEVEnergy.com, with your proper identification and clearly stating the purpose of your request. Our privacy team will evaluate your request and respond.
If you are requesting that EZ EV Energy rectify personal data about you, please keep in mind that we may have a legal right or obligation to preserve personal information as it currently exists.
If you are receiving information about or Service or products, special offers, or surveys by email or postal mail, you may opt out of further communications by emailing us at info@EZEVEnergy.com or using the contact information in the next section. Any email communications from us contain instructions on opting out of further email communications, although we will still send you emails relating to the support, administration, and security of our products and services.
- Contact Information
Please direct all questions or complaints about our privacy practices to our privacy team at: firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also reach us by mail or courier at: EZ EV Energy, 5379 Lyons Road #179, Coconut Creek, FL 33073 Attention: Privacy.
If you have a complaint, please provide information relevant to your complaint. Our privacy team will evaluate your complaint based on the information you provide and send you a response. We may need to ask you for additional information to evaluate your complaint. We will promptly investigate and respond to your communications about a complaint. You may have other rights under law and the right to contact the privacy regulator in your jurisdiction about your complaint.